Advertisement
Skip to Content

Lazard Ltd Shs A LAZ Stock Quote

| Rating as of

NYSE: LAZ

Last close prices updated as of Jan 27, 2023, 7:00 PM EST | USD | BATS BZX Real-Time Price
  • Last Close 40.89
  • Sector Financial Services
  • Industry Capital Markets
  • Investment Style Small Value
  • Day Range 40.51  –  41.51
  • Year Range 30.21  –  42.39
  • Market Cap 3.5131 Bil
  • Volume / Avg 443,325.0 /  782,596.0
  • Price / Sales 1.37
  • Price / Book 6.24
  • Forward Div Yield 5.14%
  • Trailing Div Yield 4.74%

Morningstar‘s Stock Analysis LAZ

Valuation
Currency in
Is it the right time to buy or sell?
Is it the right time to buy or sell?

1-Star Price

INVESTOR

5-Star Price

INVESTOR

Economic Moat

INVESTOR

Capital Allocation

INVESTOR

Increasing Our FVE for Lazard to $52; Management Believes Shares Are Undervalued, as Do We

Michael Wong Sector Director

Business Strategy and Outlook

| Michael Wong |

Lazard has business exposures that add more uncertainty to its near-term outlook, but we believe this is already factored into its share price. Approximately 55% of Lazard’s net revenue is from acquisition and restructuring advisory with the remaining 45% coming from institutional asset management. Similar to many of its financial advisory peers, Lazard booked record revenue in 2021, and financial advisory revenue should normalize lower over the next couple of years before resuming a growth trend. Given its relatively high exposure to EMEA and Asia (about 40% of net revenue), investors in Lazard also have to pay more attention to developments in Europe and the potential for a prolonged European recession and a strengthening U.S. dollar. The company’s asset management business that specializes in global investing also gives it more exposure to international conditions and equity market prices than many of its financial advisory peers.

Unlock Our Full Analysis With Morningstar Investor

Key Statistics LAZ

Company Profile LAZ

Business Description

Lazard has a storied history that can be traced back to 1848. The company's revenue is nearly equally split between financial advisory, such as acquisition and restructuring advisory, and asset management. The company's asset management business is primarily equities (over 80% of assets under management), has an international focus, and is geared toward institutional clients. By geography, the company earns approximately 60% of revenue in the Americas, 35% in EMEA, and 5% in Asia-Pacific. Lazard has offices in over 40 cities across more than 25 countries and over 3,000 employees.

Contact
2 Church Street, Clarendon House
Hamilton, HM11, BMU
Industry Capital Markets
Employees 3,179

Related Articles LAZ

FAQs for Lazard Ltd Shs A Stock

Yes. LAZ has a forward dividend yield of 5.14%. See LAZ’s full dividends and stock split history on the Dividend tab.
Dividend yield allows investors, particularly those interested in dividend-paying stocks, to compare the relationship between a stock’s price and how it rewards stockholders through dividends. The formula for calculating dividend yield is to divide the annual dividend paid per share by the stock price.

Learn more about dividend yield.

LAZ’s market cap is 3.51 Bil.
Market capitalization is calculated by taking a company’s share price and multiplying it by the total number of shares. It’s often used to measure a company’s size. In the Morningstar Style Box, large-cap names account for the largest 70% of U.S. stocks, mid-cap names account for the largest 70–90%, and small-cap names are the remaining 10% of companies.

Learn more about market capitalization.

LAZ’s stock style is Small Value.
Style is an investment factor that has a meaningful impact on investment risk and returns. Style is calculated by combining value and growth scores, which are first individually calculated.

High-growth stocks tend to represent the technology, healthcare, and communications sectors. They rarely distribute dividends to shareholders, opting for reinvestment in their businesses. More value-oriented stocks tend to represent financial services, utilities, and energy stocks. These are established companies that reliably pay dividends.

Learn more about style.

LAZ’s price/sales is 1.37.
Price/sales represents the amount an investor is willing to pay for a dollar generated from a particular company’s sales or revenues.

LAZ’s price/forward earnings is 11.24.
Forward P/E gives some indication of how cheap or expensive a stock is compared with consensus earnings estimates. The lower the Forward P/E, the cheaper the stock.

LAZ’s price/book is 6.24.
Price/book ratio can tell investors approximately how much they’re paying for a company’s assets, based on historical, rather than current, valuations. Historical valuations generally do not reflect a company’s current market value. Value investors frequently look for companies that have low price/book ratios.

See LAZ’s valuation ratios compared to the Market Index.

LAZ’s beta can be found in Trading Information at the top of this page.
A stock’s beta measures how closely tied its price movements have been to the performance of the overall market.

Compare LAZ’s historical performance against its industry peers and the overall market.