Skip to Content

Xilinx Inc XLNX

Rating as of

Morningstar’s Analysis

Valuation
Currency in USD
Is it the right time to buy or sell?
Find out with Morningstar Premium
Is it the right time to buy or sell?
Find out with Morningstar Premium

1-Star Price

PREMIUM

5-Star Price

PREMIUM

Economic Moat

PREMIUM

Capital Allocation

PREMIUM

Xilinx Delivers Strong First-Quarter Results with Broad-Based Growth; Raising FVE to $167

Abhinav Davuluri, CFA Sector Strategist

Analyst Note

| Abhinav Davuluri, CFA |

Xilinx reported fiscal first-quarter results ahead of FactSet consensus expectations, led by record automotive revenue and strong wireless sales related to 5G. Due to the pending merger between Xilinx and AMD, the firm did not host a conference call to discuss the results or provide guidance. We are raising our probability-weighted fair value for Xilinx to $167 per share from $157 per share, due to an increase in our standalone fair value estimate for AMD. We assign a 75% probability to Xilinx shareholders receiving $193 per share of value from AMD of (based on our $112 combined fair value times the exchange ratio of 1.7234 shares). The remaining 25% probability stems from our unchanged $90 fair value for standalone narrow-moat Xilinx. We think prospective investors should find current levels attractive, similar to how we also view shares of standalone AMD as attractive.

Read Full Analysis

Company Profile

Business Description

Founded in 1984, Xilinx is the leader in FPGAs by market share. Its chips are critical in the performance of various devices in the communications, data processing, industrial, consumer, and automotive markets. Xilinx designs and sells chips, but it outsources manufacturing to third-party chip foundries such as TSMC.

Contact
2100 Logic Drive
San Jose, CA, 95124
T +1 408 559-7778
Sector Technology
Industry Semiconductors
Most Recent Earnings Jun 30, 2021
Fiscal Year End Apr 2, 2022
Stock Type Cyclical
Employees 4,890

Related

Transparency is how we protect the integrity of our work and keep empowering investors to achieve their goals and dreams. And we have unwavering standards for how we keep that integrity intact, from our research and data to our policies on content and your personal data.

We’d like to share more about how we work and what drives our day-to-day business.

We sell different types of products and services to both investment professionals and individual investors. These products and services are usually sold through license agreements or subscriptions. Our investment management business generates asset-based fees, which are calculated as a percentage of assets under management. We also sell both admissions and sponsorship packages for our investment conferences and advertising on our websites and newsletters.

How we use your information depends on the product and service that you use and your relationship with us. We may use it to:

  • Verify your identity, personalize the content you receive, or create and administer your account.
  • Provide specific products and services to you, such as portfolio management or data aggregation.
  • Develop and improve features of our offerings.
  • Gear advertisements and other marketing efforts towards your interests.

To learn more about how we handle and protect your data, visit our privacy center.

Maintaining independence and editorial freedom is essential to our mission of empowering investor success. We provide a platform for our authors to report on investments fairly, accurately, and from the investor’s point of view. We also respect individual opinions––they represent the unvarnished thinking of our people and exacting analysis of our research processes. Our authors can publish views that we may or may not agree with, but they show their work, distinguish facts from opinions, and make sure their analysis is clear and in no way misleading or deceptive.

To further protect the integrity of our editorial content, we keep a strict separation between our sales teams and authors to remove any pressure or influence on our analyses and research.

Read our editorial policy to learn more about our process.