KIA AMERICA ANNOUNCES BEST-EVER THIRD QUARTER SALES
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2022
Record Breaking Q3 Includes Kia's Best-Ever September Total
- Sales of Kia's EV models up 41-percent over September 2021
- Total September sales up 6.4-percent over September 2021
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Kia America announced best-ever September sales of 56,270 units, leading to the highest third quarter performance in company history. These record-breaking performances are fresh on the heels of record August sales achieved by the brand. September highlights include a strong performance from Kia's stable of capable SUVs with year-over-year sales increases for Sportage (+88%); Sorento (+79%) and Seltos (+37%).
"Building upon record September and third-quarter sales, we're optimistic that Kia will see a strong fourth quarter as well," said Eric Watson, vice president, sales operations, Kia America. "Kia is gaining market share and volume in key segments, including compact SUVs and EV models. And with Telluride production increasing we are poised to continue our positive momentum."
In addition to sales, September saw a number of significant announcements from the brand, including:
- Nine Kia models recognized in MotorTrend's Ultimate Car Rankings for the second half of 2022, including the 2023 Telluride and the 2022 Rio Sedan and Hatchback, which came in first place in their respective segments. In addition, Kia's stable of electrified vehicles, including the 2022 Niro, 2022 Sportage Hybrid and 2022 Sorento Hybrid took second place in their respective categories.
- A new creative campaign for the 2023 Telluride SUV, entitled "Clouds" which debuted during the 74th EMMY Awards.
- Kia America's marketing team recognized for innovative and creative campaigns when vice president, marketing, Russell Wager was named a "Brand Genius" by Adweek.
- The 2023 Sportage and Sportage Hybrid SUVs were each named a 2022 TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP) by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) when equipped with LED projector headlights.
Kia America – about us
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia America continues to top automotive quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a range of gasoline, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electrified vehicles sold through a network of over 750 dealers in the U.S., including several cars and SUVs proudly assembled in America*.
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
* The K5, Sportage, Sorento, and Telluride (excludes HEV and PHEV models) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kia-america-announces-best-ever-third-quarter-sales-301638332.html
SOURCE Kia America