Fiverr and Lonely Planet Introduce First “Anywhere Worker” Study, a New Generation of Worker Successfully Combining Work and Travel
90% of respondents shared that their earnings increased or remained stable since becoming an Anywhere Worker
Fiverr International Ltd. (NYSE: FVRR), the company that is revolutionizing how the world works together, and Lonely Planet, a globe-spanning digital travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, today released insights from a recent survey looking into the new generation of worker, the Anywhere Workers. With data from across the world, 1400 Anywhere Workers (i.e. people who work remotely while traveling from at least two locations, domestic or international, throughout the year), including 67 nationalities, share their experiences to further explore this new era of work and travel.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220510005535/en/
According to Fiverr and Lonely Planet's Anywhere Worker Study, 90% of respondents shared that their earnings increased or remained stable since becoming an Anywhere Worker. (Photo: Business Wire)
Since the pandemic, the world has seen a massive shift in the way that people choose to live and work. Living a nomadic lifestyle is no longer limited to single individuals in their early 20s with a disposable income, but has become a normal part of life for a much larger group of people. This includes families, couples, and pods of friends, choosing to travel and work at the same time. These workers have also chosen this lifestyle, enabled by remote work, because they want more flexibility and autonomy over their lives and careers.
Key findings from the study include:
Anywhere Workers aren’t just limited to Digital Nomads
- 54% of Anywhere Workers also identify themselves as remote workers, someone who travels but isn’t limited to a single office location.
- Over 60% of Anywhere Workers are working full-time, but are still able to travel to and work in different locations.
- About 25% of Anywhere Workers consider themselves to be Slomads (i.e. someone who works remotely and travels to different locations, sticking to one or more locations for extended periods).
Living the Anywhere Worker lifestyle has never been easier, with more companies offering remote work options
- 98% of Anywhere Workers plan to continue working remotely and traveling for at least another 6 months.
- 84% of Anywhere Workers have jobs that support their desire to travel while working.
- Majority of Anywhere Workers work across a wide variety of industries, including IT, Engineering, Consulting, Business Intelligence, Architecture/Interior Design, and Digital Marketing are the most common.
Cost of living, job opportunities for their partner/spouse/family/people they are traveling with, and a solid internet connection are the top priorities for Anywhere Workers when considering their next location
- These workers are looking for places that are affordable but also realistic in terms of finding work for their families or partners.
- Local culture and weather conditions were also among the top priorities, but cost of living takes the lead (33%).
- A distinction from ‘Digital Nomads’, Anywhere Workers are also looking for locations that provide education facilities for their children. This points to a larger trend that Anywhere Workers are still choosing to work and travel, despite having families.
- Almost half of Anywhere Workers (45%) are married and 70% are parents.
“There has been a revolution in the way we work and where we work for millions of people around the world over recent years, and we can largely attribute this to the pandemic. More people from every walk of life are taking the opportunities that remote work and platforms like Fiverr, offer them to travel the world, and experience new ways of living,” said Gali Arnon, Chief Marketing Officer at Fiverr. “Now more than ever, Anywhere Workers are integrating life, work, and family into their day-to-day routine, and this new era has opened up opportunities for so many to live and work differently isn’t slowing down.”
"We are in a moment in time which offers us the unique opportunity to live and work in places we've only dreamed of," said Nitya Chambers, SVP of Content and Executive Editor for Lonely Planet. "At Lonely Planet, it's thrilling to embrace this new reality where our human desire to travel and explore is an effortless extension of how we live. The Anywhere Worker's drive for purpose, connection, and true meaning is part of Lonely Planet's DNA. We can't wait to join them on their journeys with unique content, services, and experiences."
To learn more about the “Anywhere Worker” study, click here.
Fiverr’s mission is to revolutionize how the world works together. We exist to democratize access to talent and to provide talent with access to opportunities so anyone can grow their business, brand, or dreams. From small businesses to Fortune 500, over 4 million customers worldwide worked with freelance talent on Fiverr in the past year, ensuring their workforces remain flexible, adaptive, and agile. With Fiverr’s Talent Cloud, companies can easily scale their teams from a talent pool of skilled professionals from over 160 countries across more than 550 categories, ranging from programming to 3D design, digital marketing to content creation, from video animation to architecture.
Fiverr companies include ClearVoice, CreativeLive, Working Not Working, SLT Consulting and Stoke Talent. Don’t get left behind - come be a part of the future of work by visiting fiverr.com, read our blog, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is a digital travel guidance company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travelers each year online, in print and via mobile products and helps them unlock amazing experiences.
Lonely Planet can be found on lonelyplanet.com, mobile, video and in 14 languages, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks and more. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet) , and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220510005535/en/