A strong equity operation and a compelling fixed-income effort support a continued Morningstar Analyst Rating of Silver for the 13 cheapest share classes of American Funds American Balanced. The other six share classes are still rated Bronze.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 29.87 / 0.23 %
- Total Assets 199.0 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.560%
- Distribution Fee Level Low
- Share Class Type Front Load
- Category Allocation—50% to 70% Equity
- Investment Style Large Blend
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity High / Moderate
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 1.68%
- Turnover 158%
Morningstar’s Analysis ABALX
Will ABALX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.