Either of these Bronze-rated strategies run by Capital Group is worth a look for investors seeking a conservative bond fund, but consider the differences.
Obstacles throughout 2018--particularly rising interest rates and anxious credit markets--provided a challenge to bond investors broadly, but short-term bond funds held their own.
Silver-rated PIMCO Real Return maintains its Morningstar Analyst Rating despite a key management departure.
Bond Fund Investing
01-30-2019 15:55:21 PM ET
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) released a new policy directive. The content of the directive was market friendly, but it wasn't a surprise. Like most Fed watchers expected, t...
The Market at 15:16 ET10-Year: -4/32…2.666…EUR/USD: 1.1295USD/JPY: 110.44
Treasury Market Stands Its Ground
- -- Longer tenors exhibit continued relative strength
- -- U.S. Dollar Index remains resilient
- -- 8:30 ET: January Export Prices ex-agriculture (actual -0.3%; prior -1.1%), Import Prices ex-oil (actual -0.2%; prior 0.0%), and February Empire Manufacturing Survey (actual 8.8; Briefing.com consensus 7.0; prior 3.9)
- -- 9:15 ET: January Industrial Production (actual -0.6%; Briefing.com consensus 0.2%; prior 0.1%) and Capacity Utilization (actual 78.2%; Briefing.com consensus 78.8%; prior 78.8%)
- -- 10:00 ET: Preliminary February Michigan Sentiment Survey (actual 95.5; Briefing.com consensus 94.0; prior 91.2)
02-04-2019 17:30:50 PM ET
The Week in Review/Week Ahead
Stock market volatility is a wonderful thing... for the Treasury market. That was clear in the fourth quarter when Treasury yields came down sharply in conjunction with a spike in the CBOE Volatil...