Morningstar analyst Karin Anderson discusses what's driven performance this year and why investors should consider the category.
Voya Intermediate Bond and JPMorgan Core Bond each have experienced managers, thoughtful processes, and attractive price tags but are not perfect substitutes for one another.
We downgraded two bond funds after personnel changes at Vanguard, but we will continue our review process as Greg Nassour's replacement is named.
Bond Fund Investing
05-02-2018 14:57:19 PM ET
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) has a job to do and it did that job today in the manner that was expected. In a unanimous vote, the FOMC voted to leave the target range for the federal funds rate unchanged at 1.50% to 1.75%. The policy directive, meanwhile, laid the groundwork fo...
The Market at 15:22 ET10-Year: +13/32…2.928…EUR/USD: 1.1663USD/JPY: 109.45
Treasury Market Stands Its Ground
- -- Longer-dated Treasuries remain bid
- -- Rising political risk in Europe weighs on Italian, Spanish, Greek, and Portuguese debt, providing measure of support to Treasuries
- -- April Durable Orders (actual -1.7%; Briefing.com consensus -1.6%; prior 2.7%) and Durable Orders -ex transportation (actual 0.9%; Briefing.com consensus 0.6%; prior 0.4%)
- -- Final May Michigan Sentiment Index (actual 98.0; Briefing.com consensus 98.8; prior 98.8)
- -- Fed Chairman Jay Powell says forward guidance, which was highly useful following the financial crisis, will have a smaller role in the future
05-17-2018 16:55:31 PM ET
The Week in Review/Week Ahead
Ifyou don't think there has been a loss of positive economic surprise momentum in the eurozone, think again. The Citi Economic Surprise Index for the eurozone has fallen off a cliff this yea...